The project is aimed at targeting the less privilege within the society and proving them with a feeding during the entire month of Ramadan. The project is divided into 4 categories;
- Cooked Food Points
- Raw Food Drive
- Trash to Treasure
- Eid Parties
Cooked Food Points:We identify vulnerable communities, targeting primarily widows and orphans for daily feeding.
Each location is designed to feed between 100-150 people per day for 30 days of the month of Ramadan.
We identify vulnerable communities, targeting primarily widows or divorcees with children, old men who can no longer provide for their family and generally anyone who is in need of assistance for raw food distribution. We have two methods:
Single family units pack beneficiaries are divided into 3 different groups; A, B and C. Group A (10-12 family members), Group B (6-10 family members) Group C (6 members and below).
Raw Food DriveMass community distribution packs are standard sized packs assembled
and distributed uniformly to recipients in the queue at an identified location. These locations are identified beforehand as vulnerable communities.
Trash to Treasure:Pre loved items such as books and clothes are collected and distributed to various locations
such as IDP Camps, schools, orphanages etc. MGF would also make purchases or provide financial assistance to the targeted location for the project.
are organized primarily for orphans and less privileged children.
RAMADAN FOOD DRIVE 2020 is onMuslimah foundation is commencing the annual Ramadan Food Drive (RFD) 2020 where we will be distributing only Raw food this year due to COVID 19.
Locations selected to begin with are based on prioritisation and shutdown directives respectively:
We solicit for your help at this trying time.
For N30,000/Family (N6,000/person) we will be providing them with items such as:
(items provided will be categorised based on location)
By donating today you are playing a big part in feeding the needy during the holy month of Ramadan and also helping people fight against the spread of coronavirus.
We also host an annual Eid party for orphans in selected locations.
Jazakumullahu khairan as you donate and thank you for helping keep us all safe.
RAMADAN DRIVE 2019In 2019, Muslimah Foundation with the help of donors were able to achieve the following...
- Cooked Food Points: Muslimah Foundation, together with all beneficiaries of Ramadan Food Drive 2019, thank you all for your donations towards Ramadan feeding. Sixty thousand, two hundred and forty (60,240) meals were provided in 12 locations; Kaduna 1 and 2, Kontagora, Daura, 2 Maiduguri, Kano, Potiskum, Batagarawa, Abuja, Sokoto, Birnin Kebbi.
Unfortunately, many are turned away as the food simply isn’t enough to go round to the people who hear about the points and keep trooping in.
- Raw Food Drive:
- Single family units: Every Ramadan, alongside the Iftar feeding in different parts of the country, we distribute food items like rice, maize, sorghum, groundnut oil, maggi, pasta, sugar and salt to people in need. We focused on widows, widowers and old people but with the economic challenges facing many people, it is difficult to turn down requests for assistance. With the aid of donations, this year over families have received much needed help.
- Mass community distribution: Mass distribution was provided in three locations; 107 packs in Kaduna and 80 in Gombe. Sixty nine packs were distributed in Maiduguri in addition to grants for petty trading. The enterprise grants was targeted at 33 Internally Displaced Ladies in collaboration with Children Of Borno Charity. Each one is a woman at the head of a family. One is the elder sister with two younger siblings to care for. These women are all in an informal IDP camp on private land and there were some interesting elements at work: the original settlers who are relatives of the landowners feel a particular entitlement; the dozen men who are household heads and have elected themselves into positions of authority were particularly bothered that women were getting grants. There are 69 households on this small plot with people living in a makeshift camp that some NGO built out of plastic. Up until three months ago the people were being fed so it didn’t matter that they were a long way from any market. Now that the NGO has stopped the feeding they are in dire circumstances… Far from any place where they can buy or sell. Muslimahs intervention in to this community and counsel to each individual to keep spending within this community to support each other’s businesses.
- Eid Parties are organized primarily for orphans and less privileged children. June 2nd, members of Muslimah Foundation visited two orphanages in the outskirts of Abuja and one in Kaduna. The eid party in Abuja occurred in Bau Akko and The eid party in Kaduna was planned in conjunction with Nurul Iman Islamic Mothers Aid Foundation. The aim of the visit, which was primarily to share “goodies” among the children so that they too can feel included in the coming festivities, was achieved. There were hundreds of happy faces in all three locations!
We also shared bags of rice, salt, cooking oil, soap and pre-loved clothes and shoes. These will help the carers in preparing for Eid celebrations for the orphans. Once again we must thank all friends and donors for making such visits possible. You truly can only be rewarded by Allah.
- Trash to Treasure
Husna Academy, Kaduna
RAMADAN DRIVE 2018In 2018, Muslimah Foundation with the help of donors were able to achieve the following...
- Cooked Food Points: On the 1st of Ramadan, food points in Kano , Sokoto, Kaduna and Maiduguri were able to share over 500 food packs to our brothers and sisters who would have otherwise gone without adequate food and drink after fasting. In total, we provided cooked food points in 10 locations: Kano, Sokoto, Kaduna 1 and 2, Maiduguri 1 and 2, Kontagora, Potiskum, Daura, Batagarawa) that are distributing a total average of 1,300 meals daily for a total of about 43,890 meals.
- Raw Food Drive:
In total, three hundred and seventy six (376) packs were distributed in the following way:
- Single family units: One hundred and six (106) units were distributed to identified families all over Nigeria. The packs are in three categories A, B and C containing rice, sugar, beans, millet, oil, spaghetti and other condiments worth N50,125. N42,500 and N26,450 respectively.
- Single family units:
- Mass community distribution: In 2018, we delivered 370 families, over 1896 lives in Kaduna, Abuja, Gombe and Maiduguri One hundred and twenty (120) food packs in Kaduna and one hundred and fifty (150) in Maiduguri were distributed.
- Trash to Treasure: Pre loved items such as books and clothes are collated and distributed to various locations in need. Such as IDP Camps, Schools, Orphanages etc. MGF would also make purchases or provide financial assistance to the targeted location for the project.
- Eid Parties are organized primarily for orphans and less privileged children.
- We threw an Eid Party for close to 100 orphans under the care of another charity at Badarawa, Kaduna. It was a memorable day. Nothing beats a gleeful smile on a small innocent face. May Allah continue to unite us in goodness. Taqabbal Allahu minna wa minkum.
- We have reached a hand of support to numerous societies like Bau Akko. You, have helped spread more love to people in need. May Allah azzawajal put more barakah and abundance in your lives. Jazakumullahu Khairan